It’s a common understanding that blogging is a great way to generate internet traffic to your site. But how exactly do you start a blog and how do you bring yourself effectively to market while saving time and resources?
In this blog I’ll introduce you to the power leveraging a blog with social media marketing. This isn’t about posting your blog to your 500 random friends on Facebook. This is about opening your business up instantly to thousands of highly targeted people. This will create internet traffic that you may leverage for sales. Sounds pretty incredible right? Not only that but this simple concept will help you save serious time and money in marketing expenses.
Problem: Low Internet Traffic
Let’s quickly analyse a simple problem that nearly all businesses face on start-up:
Problem #1. In the vast world of the internet no-one but your mom has heard about you.
Problem #2. You want to get your name out there but you don’t know where to start and purchasing internet traffic seems to pretty expensive.
These are serious problems that require some serious answers. With a bit of marketing research you hear that blogging is one of the top ways to market your site. Since your website’s internet traffic is in the minus this hardly makes sense and you move your attention elsewhere.
I’m going to share with you valuable techniques you can instantly implement to attract internet traffic to your site that costs you nothing but your time. Here’s the breakdown:
- Start a blog on your website. WordPress CMS is the perfect technology to implement. If you don’t know how to start one, simply call a web development group like ours and we’d be happy to help. These blogs have built in RSS feeds, which are important to have using this strategy.
- Hook yourself into Social Media. Ask yourself the question: “Where is my market?” Are you business to business (BtoB)? Are you business to Customer (BtoC). Then select and create accounts on the social networks that fit your business best Ex: Pintrest, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ etc…
- Develop an update strategy will integrate your blogs update with all of your social media profiles. How? Hootsuite! This is by far the most amazing piece of technology I’ve ever discovered when it comes to social media integration. Best part is it even has a mobile app.Now you might be already asking the question…if I don’t have anyone on my social media, where’s the benefit?
- Find Internet Traffic! I’ll give you a hint: Look for Facebook groups that fit your niche market, join them and connect them to your Hootsuite account. By doing this you just connected those 1000′s of people to your feed. The next time you post, they get notified and will funnel in to your site through that link. (Ironically this is probably how you found this post to begin with)
- Tweet It! Connect to people on Twitter that blog within your core topic. If you share quality information these people may follow you back, and ultimately introduce their people to your people.
- Hash Tag! Do some research on hash tags and figure out what the top tags are for your topics. By simply adding a well positioned hash and posting your link to your blog you will attract internet traffic to your site. See: http://www.hashtags.org/
- Connect into Feedburner – Read this article: Click Here. This will help you retain any internet traffic that comes your way. They will be instantly notified via email the next time you post an update on your blog.
- Add social sharing to your blog. This will help others share the valuable information you’re giving to the world.
- Provide Original Content: Make sure you’re doing the writing and your information isn’t being pulled off somewhere else to save you time. The more unique your content is, the more valuable it will be and the more likely Google will pick it up. Google will penalize you for “copy & paste”.
- Optimize your content: You may also do keyword searches through ‘Google’s keywords tool’ to make sure that your posts are SEO optimized for when Google’s spiders do swing by to rank your content. Look for high internet traffic keywords with low competition. Make sure your keywords then appear in your title, address, and content. (Note: Don’t overdue it, The more natural the keywords fit into your content, the better.
- Be persistent. Blogging success doesn’t happen over night. Take the time – once a day to write. After some time you’ll start to see great results.